I absolutely love home baked goodies and I love baking (no cooking unfortunately) for other people too! So if you have ever visited me in my house I have most likely baked something delicious for you! #foodislove ️ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
So here is one of my absolute favorite recipes – Apple Bread! I bake it waaaaay too often! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Ingredients: ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
• 10 oz Granny Smith apples (approx. 2), peeled, diced (¼ in.)
• 2 oz brown sugar
• 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp ground ginger
• ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
• 5 oz sweetener of your choice (I used organic raw sugar)
• 4 oz unsalted butter, room temperature, diced (½ in.)
• 4 ½ oz applesauce, unsweetened
• 3 oz whole milk (I used Greek yoghurt)
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 9 oz all-purpose whole grain flour
• 2 tsp baking powder • ⅛ tsp salt
* Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a loaf pan (9 in. x 5 in.), line bottom with a piece of parchment and set aside.
* Combine apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Stir with spatula to combine and set aside.
* Place sweetener (sugar) and butter into mixing bowl and mix 1 min.
* Add applesauce, milk (yoghurt), eggs and vanilla and mix 10 sec.
* Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix 10 sec.
* Add reserved apples to batter, stir through with spatula to combine. Transfer to prepared pan.
* Bake for 70-75 minutes (350°F) until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Tastes best when served with a hot tea! Enjoy!!️